Great Closet Clean Out
Every week we need items for the guests we meet on the streets. However, Bridgetown Inc does not have a consistent supply that we can draw from every time we need items. Donations come in, but still we lack in items needed. So… this is the chance for your church or youth group to adopt Night Strike. We are asking for 48 churches or youth groups to commit to GREAT CLOSET CLEAN OUT…. 1 TIME PER YEAR … EVERY YEAR. Each volunteer group would be assigned a month during the year to complete the event and bring the items to Night Strike.
Just LOOK in Your CLOSETS and GARAGES…It costs nothing.
- Jackets, Hoodies, Sweat shirts
- Jeans, Sweat Pants
- Long Johns, Thick Socks
- Nice boots, Tennis shoes
- Underwear (NEW ONLY)
- T-shirts/Long Sleeved Shirts
- Hats, Knit hats, Scarves
Adult sizes L-XL- XXL (Mens are most needed)
NO DRESS CLOTHES/NO DRESS SHOES
We can take Children’s clothes IF they are separated and properly marked
- Sleeping bags, Blankets
- Gently Used Towels
- Large Print Bibles (Spanish?)
- Large back packs or roller luggage (NO purses or small bags)
- Egg crate padding
- Anti-bacterial hand soap
- Shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste (New)
- Toothbrushes, Combs, Hairbrushes (New)
- Fingernail polish
- Dog & Cat food, Leashes, Collars, Pads
GREAT CLOSET CLEAN OUT STEPS TO SUCCESS
Suggestions for Completing the Event
Promote the Great Closet Clean Out with banners or signs large enough to be highly visible at entrances to the building, classroom, or the sanctuary.
Build a display around the signs with filled bags, or piles of clothes so it gets going quickly.
Print fliers for your bulletin with the needed items and who the event will benefit. Start announcing the event one week, with collections beginning that week and at least 2 more weeks following, so the event can gain momentum. Print the flier and promote every week. Also use visual media.
Assign an event coordinator and get people behind the event, get people engaged in the promotion, running, and completing the event.
When the event is completed, you will need to sort the items given for distribution, as your giving goes several directions. This can usually be accomplished in 1-2 hours with a group.
Finally, plan a time to deliver or help at the final distribution point. This is a tangible way to see what your efforts in giving can accomplish. This is also a great way to introduce and motivate people to give and volunteer their time.
Most of all have fun, and be creative!
Using bags or boxes, please sort & label your donations in these categories:
- Infant, children, and youth clothes. This includes all shoes, coats and items deemed as infant or youth.
- All sleeping bags, blankets and tarps.
- Sort all men and women clothing into separate bags. All L, XL, XXL and larger coats, jackets, sweatshirts, hoodies, adult jeans, adult street wear, boots, shoes, socks, and other adult clothing.
You may call or text me at any time at 503.747.9889 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.